Support from Inception to Inspection
Enrollment in the program begins with a meeting between a DIRA Team representative and the dairy decision-makers. The process is as follows:
- The customer signs an Access Agreement, allowing the DIRA Program access to billing history and the dairy site in order to provide program services.
- DIRA Team engineers conduct a preliminary analysis based on a phone screening and evaluate the types of projects to pursue and the level of program services to implement. Further engineering analysis may range from a walk-through energy audit to more intensive data collection and analysis, depending on individual sites and the complexity of the energy efficiency opportunities under consideration.
- The DIRA Team provides the dairy with a summary of high-potential energy-saving recommendations for consideration.
- The dairy signs a Project Application (PA) to state which projects they are interested in implementing. The DIRA Program can assist with identifying relevant contractors or evaluating proposals and will coordinate with the customer’s preferred vendor to maximize efficiency potential.
- Upon project completion, the dairy submits all invoices and project documentation to the DIRA Program for processing. The DIRA Program may need to conduct an on-site inspection of the project, which may include installation of data loggers, in order to verify that the final installation meets rebate requirements.
- The DIRA Program submits final program documentation to PG&E and provides the customer rebate.